Wednesday, May 26, 2010

10 Things that Make me Happy {Jessie}

Jessie is our guest blogger today for 10 Things that Make me Happy.  She picked some great things, my favorite is #4, sweet tea of course!

1. Music: Music makes the grass greener and sky bluer. It allows you to escape into a different world and leave all your worries behind. I particularly like to listen to jazz while I'm cleaning or studying.

2. Weddings: Although I'm very far off from getting married, It's always fun to imagine what my wedding may be like. One of my guilty pleasures is going to Barnes and Noble to look through wedding magazines.

3. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream is the perfect dessert--the best way to finish off any meal!

4. Sweet Tea: Whenever I go out to eat, this is my drink of choice. If a restaurant does not have sweet tea, I am thouroughly disappointed. I think I would have a hard time living up North because of this.

5. Poppies: I like poppies because they aren't a flower that you will find at your local grocery store. I enjoy the delicacy of their tissue-paper-like petals and believe they are one of nature's true beauties.

6. The First Snow: Nothing is as pure as the first snow of winter. I remember the excitement of a potential snow day when I was little and now appreciate the peacefulness of a snow-covered landscape.

 
7. Floral Patterns: Floral patterns are fun, bright, and give any item personality. I espcially like the Liberty of London patterns found at Target or this floral duvet cover from Pottery Barn. 

8. Board Games: To me, there's nothing better to do on a Friday night than to stay in and have a game night! Not only are board games fun, but they allow you to be creative and get together with the people who mean the most to you.

9. Kids: Kids never fail to put a smile on my face. I love their endless imaginations and how they don't have a care in the world--what an easy life they lead!

10. My dog, Odi: Any of my friends know that Odi is my little man, my bundle of joy. He makes me happy no matter what is going on in my life. Even if he just finished demolishing one of my shoes, there is no way I can stay mad at the little guy. This is a picture of how he likes to sleep--how silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment