The common threads throughout most of the interiors I feature on the blog are white walls contrasted with rich, dark woods. When paired together, these two things give a space a rustic yet contemporary look. The warehouse-like quality is softened by rich textiles and comfortable accents. These two design details allow the architecture to take precedence and provide a natural backdrop for personal items.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Lately I feel like for every hour of wedding planning errands, there are two hours of behind the scenes preliminary emails, phone calls, and to-do lists. On those days when I'm running errands and meeting with different vendors, these items are a must for inside my bag!
1. Longchamp Le Pliage Tote in Graphite, $145, Large enough to fit wedding contracts and stylish enough for all your important meetings
2. Davids Bridal Fabric Swatches, $1 Each in stores, Good to always have on hand to match paper, paint, table linens, etc.
3. Ipod Touch, $229, to check email, take notes, and look up prices on the go
4. Moleskin Volant Pocket Plain Notebook, $8.95 for pack of 2, to jot down questions for vendors and sketches of reception décor
5. Coach New Sutton Signature Wristlet, $49, the perfect size to carry just your cards and keys during a quick appointment
6. Home Depot Behr Paint Swatches, Free, to match paint for all those DIY wedding décor projects
7. Hobby Lobby Weekly Planner, $2.99, So perfect for weekly planning with a separate slot for each day of the week & a magnetic back
8. Vera Bradley Checkbook Cover, $19, So even when you're making all those final payments you can still be stylish
9. Coach Amy Sunglasses, $138, to cover up your eyes when you didn’t have time to put on eyeliner!
Posted by Lindsey at 11:39 AM
Monday, July 4, 2011
Hope you all had a great Fourth of July. A couple of weekend's ago I went camping with my family, and I thought I'd share with you what I packed inside my tote. I've seen this post idea on a couple different blogs, including J. Crew and Les Composantes, so I thought I'd take a stab at it! Check bag tomorrow for a wedding planning day edition of Inside My Bag.L.L. Bean Canvas Tote, $19.95, A casual and sturdy bag that you can wash if it gets dirty
2. Estee Lauder Wet Shine Sheer Lip Gloss in Honey, $16, Because even when you’re camping a girl needs lipgloss!
3. Victoria’s Secret Super Model travel sized lotion, $9, the perfect size to toss in with your shower tote
4. Longchamp Le Pliage Coin Purse, $42, to fit your contact case and spf chapstick
5. Kate Spade Key Card Holder, No longer available , Just the right size for your id and debit card: for all the trips up to the camp store to get ice & drinks!
6. Bic Roundstic Grip ballpoint pen, $2 for pack, to keep score for all the card & board games you’ll play
7. Victoria's Secret Pink Pocket mirror, $9, to easily check your teeth after meals
8. Croakies Virginia Tech Sunglasses Holder, $8, Handy to not have to worry about where you set your sunglasses down
Posted by Lindsey at 10:57 AM