Monday, December 3, 2012

Makes You Want to Take a Back Road

A few weeks ago when we went home my mom and I drove around the county to take pictures of barns.  We had no map or time limit, it was just us, our cameras, and the radio.  It wasn't about capturing a season or a person, but more about capturing our surroundings and appreciating the rustic details and rural landscape. It made me want to research the architecture of barns - what types were built in what areas and for what use. It made me want to know the story behind each and every one, about the history right in front of us.  And it made me want to paint - to watercolor the sun-washed siding and reflective tin roofs.  I'm so thankful for that weekend with my mom and all of the memories we made with each photo we took.  Here are a few of my favorites from that weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment