Thursday, February 18, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Amanda Stone Talley

"Painting, for me, is about translating the activity and movement of the outside world into a vocabulary of paint and line." -Amanda Talley

Amanda Stone Talley got a Bachelor of Arts from Mary Baldwin College (near my hometown!) and got a Masters of Fine Arts in Painting from Savannah College of Art & Design. Her paintings are evocative and fresh, yet have the crispness of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's Rose. I love her color palettes and wet quality of her work.





To see more, visit her website.  Make sure you check out her blog, too!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely post! I loved checking out your blog too. I'd love some fourteen foot ceilings...but I'm not complaining too much with my twelve footers in my studio!

    ReplyDelete