Sunday, November 29, 2009

Handmade Holiday Cards & Gift Tags

Over Thanksgiving Break, I finally had a chance to stamp a little bit, and I made some neat Christmas cards and gift tags.  I choose a color palette, and made many different looks with only a handful of stamps, ribbon, and punches.

These tags were so easy to make, first I stamped a simple snowflake on cardstock.  Then I used a tag-shaped punch to get the tag itself.  Next, I used a small round hole punch at the top, then threaded ribbon through.


On the back, I stamped a little saying on each one.


On this tag I stamped in light blue on white cardstock.  I used different sized circle hole punches to give the snowflakes depth, revealing gray cardstock behind.


For this gift card I used sage, burgundy, and ivory cardstock, along with sage ribbon to give these gift boxes a 3-D effect.




On the back I stamped a little snowflake as an added touch.


This card is made with a gray background, and eggplant and sage ink colors on white.  I used different stamps repeated on small sheets of white, then I cut out tree shapes.  I used a sponge around the edges of the trees to give them more depth.  Natural hemp and a simple "joy" stamp finish this card off.

No comments:

Post a Comment